The World Molecular Imaging Congress proudly recognizes the outstanding commitment to research and endeavor of the next generation of researchers. To honor distinction in their work, the WMIC will sponsor a Young Investigator Award contest and bestow one finalist with $2,000 USD and the recognition of presenting their talk during the Closing Ceremony, and two runner-ups with $500 USD each.
Those wishing to apply for the Young Investigator Award MUST meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Apply before the April 10, 2019 abstract deadline through the “Awards” step of the abstract submission site.
- Be a young investigator (undergraduate, graduate or postgraduate student, postdoctoral fellow or resident).
- Be a current WMIS, ESMI or FASMI student member.
- Be the first author of an accepted oral presentation.
- Be listed as the presenting author and available to present during the Closing Ceremony on the final day of the congress. (Awards are NOT given to those who do not personally present and no one else may present in their place).
- Submit curriculum vitae through the “Awards” step of the abstract submission site by the April 10, 2019 abstract deadline.
- Submit Letter of Recommendation from a principal investigator, supervisor, or training program through the “Awards” step of the abstract submission site by the April 10, 2019 abstract deadline.
- Letter of Recommendation should confirm and contain the following:
- Be on official institution letterhead.
- Applicant’s current student eligibility as a young investigator.
- Contact information of the principal investigator writing the letter.
Questions regarding Awards can be sent to Andrea Diaz at email@example.com