A major priority for the World Molecular Imaging Congress is to support the next generation of researchers in our field. To further guide their participation and attendance, the WMIC honorably awards Travel Stipends to students, postdoctoral and qualifying trainees who wish to present abstracts at the congress. Selection of Travel Stipend recipients will be based upon the abstract grade and ranking, current membership status as well as travel award application.
Those wishing to apply for Student Travel Stipends MUST meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Apply before May 13, 2021: the abstract submission deadline through the “Awards” step of the abstract submission site.
- Be an undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate student, postdoctoral fellow, or qualifying trainee.
- Be a current WMIS, ESMI or FASMI student member.
- Be the first author of the accepted abstract (oral or poster).
- Be listed as the presenting author and available to present the abstract (oral or poster) at the congress. (Awards are NOT awarded to those who do not personally attend and no one else may present in their place).
- Submit curriculum vitae through the “Awards” step of the abstract submission site by May 13, 2021.
- Submit Letter of Recommendation from a principal investigator, supervisor, or training program through the “Awards” step of the abstract submission site by the May 13, 2021.
- Letter of Recommendation must confirm and contain the following:
- Be on official institution letterhead.
- Applicant’s current student status at the academic institution.
- Contact information of the principal investigator, supervisor, or training program director writing the letter.
Questions regarding Awards can be sent to email@example.com.