WMIC Trainee Registration Grant Information
We are pleased to announce that the World Molecular Imaging Society (WMIS) is offering a trainee grant to cover the cost of registration* for trainees who submit an abstract to WMIC in either general abstract or late breaking submission and whose PI registers as a general member or general non-member. The trainee’s abstract must be accepted by the WMIC 2023 Program Committee in order to qualify for the grant.
As a trainee, you have an opportunity to join colleagues from around the world at WMIC 2023, which will be held September 5-9, 2023, in Prague, Czech Republic. This is your chance to showcase your research and get valuable feedback from experts in the field.
We invite you to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity by submitting your abstract today! The deadline for general abstracts is May 1st and the deadline for late breaking submissions is June 30th.
The benefits of this grant include:
- Free registration for trainees who submit an accepted abstract and whose PI registers for WMIC 2023
- Access to all online resources offered by WMIS
- Networking opportunities with other trainees and professionals in the field
- Exposure to career development resources and advice from experienced professionals in the field
We look forward to receiving your abstract and wish you the best of luck! If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be a trainee (proof of trainee status must be uploaded during registration process)**
- Must have a PI who has paid or will pay for registration***
- Must submit an abstract in either general abstract submission or late breaking submission
- Must indicate that you are applying for the registration grant in the abstract submission process
- Must have an abstract accepted by the 2023 Program Committee
Applying for the Grant
When a trainee submits an abstract, there will be an option within the abstract submission form to apply for awards. When they have clicked that they would like to apply, all available awards will be listed. The trainee must choose that they would like to apply for the WMIC Trainee Registration Grant. Further down on the form, they will need to include their PI’s name in the “Principal Investigator” field. They will also need to upload proof of trainee status in the form of a student ID or a letter.
If the trainee’s abstract is accepted, an email will be sent to the PI listed on their abstract submission form. This email will contain a discount code that the trainee can use when registering for WMIC. This discount code will reduce the trainee registration to $0. The code can be used only by trainees within the PI’s lab who have abstracts accepted for WMIC 2023. Each code is specific to the PI and is programmed to accept only the number of trainees with accepted abstracts within the PI’s lab. The email to the PI will contain more details about how the trainee can register.
*Registration grant does not include travel and accommodations, poster printing, gala ticket, free drinks at pub crawl, or free access to the Leadership Training Workshop.
**Trainees include graduate students, postdoctoral researchers (up to 3 years from their post-graduate degree (PhD and/or MD)), residents, and those in a fellowship program. Trainees must upload verification of status when registering for WMIC or send via email to email@example.com before registration will be accepted.
***Multiple trainees can attend with one PI as long as they are in the same lab