BEFORE THE SESSION
- Be in your designated Zoom 10 minutes prior to the session start time. You should have received this Zoom link from Clint Wren prior to your session.
- Try to make sure you have met each presenter and know if they are present before the start of the session.
- Familiarize yourself with the online platform, how to provide questions to attendees, and be ready to assist speakers with those questions.
LOGGIN IN AND STARTING THE SESSION
- Enter the WMIC platform, go to “all sessions.” Find the session you are moderating and click on “Live Stream.” From there click “Hide Stream” to prevent audio overlapping and delay confusion.
ONCE THE SESSION STARTS
Announce the following at the start of the session:
- Introduce yourself and welcome the attendees.
- Provide the title of the session.
- Invite attendees to type in questions in the discussion panel.
- Note: each abstract presenter will introduce themselves in their recorded presentations. Your role as a moderator is to introduce the session and guide Q&A with the abstract presenter after each video. There is no need to introduce each abstract presentation individually.
- Note: if your abstract presenter does not show up, please feel free to conduct the Q&A or pass on the Q&A. The decision is yours. If you decide to pass on the Q&A, please let the audience know and the a/v team will continue onto the next abstract presentation
QUESTION AND ANSWER
There is a dedicated Q&A page after you Hide Stream. This page is where you will view questions for session without Auto-approved A&Q settings. A pending question waiting for your approval will look like this:
Q&A session formatting and timing will vary by session type. Please refer to your instructions in the meeting platform for more information.
DURING THE SESSION
- Stay on schedule.
- Stop question and answer promptly if they go over their allotted time so that the next speaker may present.
- If you have any technical issues during the session, please contact your A/V Team member or Clint Wren (email@example.com) for immediate assistance.