The WMIS will continue its emphasis on recognizing work of high merit presented in the poster category through poster awards of $250. We anticipate awarding 10 such awards to recognize innovative science research by young investigators, including junior faculty.
Poster Award Eligibility Requirements
Selection of Poster Award recipients will be based upon the quality of the work represented on poster abstracts. Eligibility requirements to be considered for a poster award are:
- Apply before March 11, 2016: the abstract submission deadline through the “Awards” step of the abstract submission site.
- Be an undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate student, postdoctoral fellow or resident, qualifying trainee, or a junior faculty member at or below the level of Assistant Professor.
- Be a current WMIS, ESMI or FASMI student member.
- Be the first author of the accepted abstract (oral or poster).
- Be listed as the first author and available to receive the award at the end of the closing ceremony at the congress. (Awards are NOT awarded to those who do not personally attend).
- Submit curriculum vitae through the “Awards” step of the abstract submission site by the March 11, 2016 abstract deadline.
- Submit Letter of Recommendation from a principal investigator, supervisor, or training program through the “Awards” step of the abstract submission site by the March 11, 2016 abstract deadline.
- Letter of Recommendation must confirm and contain the following:
- Be on official institution letterhead.
- Applicant’s current student status at the academic institution.
- Contact information of the principal investigator, supervisor, or training program director writing the letter.
Questions regarding Awards can be sent to Andrea Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org