If you are a moderator for WMIC 2021, please use the guidelines to help your session(s) run smoothly.
Before the Session
- Please be at your session at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- Try to make sure you have met each presenter and know if they are present before the start of the session.
- Every speaker should have provided their presentation one day (or several hours) in advance of the session by going to the Speaker Ready Room. Presentations will be “pushed” via the convention center’s network to computers in each of the rooms.
- Familiarize yourself with the speaker timing system, how to change slides, and explain briefly to each speaker.
Starting the Session
- Announce the following:
- Title of the session
- No photography
- Turn off cell phones
- Full abstract title and name of presenter
During the Session
- Stay on schedule.
- 17 minutes of talk with 3 minutes of questions (20 minutes total).
- Stop Speakers promptly if they go over their allotted time.
- If a speaker is not present, wait until the next regularly scheduled speaker’s time to respect other speakers in parallel sessions. As a moderator, you may conduct discussions or announce a brief break.
- If you have any technical issues during the session, please contact the in-room tech assistant for immediate assistance.
After the Session
- Please report “no shows” on the “Oral Presentation Reporting Sheet” at the moderator’s desk. We will track non-excused “no shows” and will potentially exclude them from oral presentations in future meetings.
Thank you for your help and continued support!