The WIMIN Interest Group will foster the career development and advancement of women in molecular imaging sciences through all stages of their careers, take an advocacy position within the WMIS on issues of importance to women in molecular imaging sciences, provide leadership for career development opportunities for women in molecular imaging sciences, and promote and recognize the professional and scientific accomplishments of women in molecular imaging sciences.
MISSION STATEMENT: To globally engage and advance the participation and achievements of women in molecular imaging sciences.
Tweet to @WIMIN_WMIS
Members: Interest Groups are open to current WMIS Members. There is an annual Interest Group membership fee of $20 which is requested to help offset administrative costs. To join an interest group, please click the button below.
If you are not a current WMIS member, please click the button below and create a new profile to join WMIS and join interest groups.
Members of affiliate MI Societies who wish to join WMIS Interest Groups should contact Sylvia Anderson at email@example.com, or call 310-215-9730 for assistance.
View all the upcoming webinars in the WIMIN Webinar Series and access recordings of those you missed.
2021 WIMIN Scholars
Carmen Azevedo, Stanford University
Simone Blaess, University of Tuebingen
Emma Brown, University of Cambridge
Martina Capozza, University of Turin
Mackenzie Carlson, Stanford University
Aisling Chaney , Stanford University
Samantha Delaney, Hunter College
Clara Erice, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Shadi Esfahani, Massachusetts General Hospital
Najma Fithri, Monash University
Andrea Galisova, Weizmann Institute of Science
Francesca Garello, University of Torino
Caroline Guglielmetti, University of California San Francisco
Vera Jörke, University of Tübingen
Anna Li Kenned, Krieger Institute
Béatrice Louis, Aix-Marseille Université
Yingying Ning, Mass General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Oluwatosin Odubade Ibhagui, Georgia State Uuniversity
Madeline Olson, University of Nebraska Medical Center
Sofya Osharovich, University of Pennsylvania
Maneesha Rajora, University of Toronto
Samantha Reyes, Stanford University
Julia Stahl, Werner Siemens Imaging Center
Min Yang, The Fifth Affiliation Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University
Minfeng Yang, The HongKong Polytechnic University
Kai Zhang, RIKEN
Article By Heike Daldrup-Link
“The Fermi Paradox in STEM – Where are the Women Leaders?”
Molecular Imaging and Biology features an article describing the status of women leaders in STEM.
Read the article: The Fermi Paradox in STEM – Where are the women leaders?, by Heike E. Daldrup-Link, MD, PhD.
Click here to read the WIMIN IG Article: Women in Leadership Roles in Imaging, an interview with Drs. Bhujwalla and Wu by Helen McBride.
Click here to read the WIMIN IG Article: Mid-Career Women, by Helen McBride.
“WIMIN is divided into multiple subcommittees with specific activities to achieve our mission:
Social media and webinars sub-committee:
- Coordinates the social media accounts of WIMIN to highlight WIMIN events and spotlight the work of women in molecular imaging.
- Organizes WIMIN webinars series
Young scientist sub-committee:
- Organizes events dedicated to support the career development and advancement of women in molecular imaging
- Collates feedback from trainees to cultivate events and recruit senior mentors based on trainee needs
Fireside Chats sub-committee:
- Organizes events for those who identify as women inclusive of racialized people, LGBTQ2+, and disability
- Facilitates discussion on pertinent issues that impact women in molecular imaging in a judgement-free and empowering space
Spotlight Sessions sub-committee:
- Organizes WIMIN spotlight sessions at WMIC
- Curates session topics and speakers each year (e.g., 2021 topic “Sex-Based Considerations for Molecular Imaging”)
WIMIN Academic/Industry sub-committee:
- Organize networking events to connect academic and industry scientists and stimulate further offline discussions
- Host the Industry/Academia “Tour” at WMIC to allow insight into industry-life and learn steps others took to arrive in their current role
WIMIN Awards sub-committee:
- Facilitates multiple WIMIN awards to recognize the professional and scientific accomplishments of women in molecular imaging at multiple career stages including the WIMIN Scholar awards, Outstanding Leadership award , Rising Star award and Mid Career Award”
Visions by WIMIN:
- WIMIN members contribute to this article series published in MiB focusing on topics of diversity, equity, and inclusion”